Bridging the Gap (May 21, 2023)
Our young people are in a battle for their souls. One of the greatest sources of impact in their lives is intentional investment from the older generation. However, we often struggle with generational differences. If we want to make a difference in the next generation, we need to bridge the generational gap and intentionally pass the baton of faith.
- Have you ever had someone from an older generation intentionally invest in you? What impact did it have on you?
- In what ways have you struggled with generational differences? How do these differences make it more difficult to invest in young people?
- In what ways has the world changed since you were a kid? What are young people facing today that you never did?
- Pastor Tony said that 50-70% of young Christians walk away from their faith by the time they’re in college. Is that surprising to you? What factors do you think contribute to that statistic?
- Pastor Tony said that “kids don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” What are some practical ways we can bridge generational gaps and cultivate authentic relationships with those younger than us?
- What is one action step you can take in response to this sermon? (Examples: commit to pray for students, intentionally invest in someone younger than you, set aside intentional time with your kids, volunteer in kids/student ministry)